When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How'd we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
This Tarmac comes with a no-fuss spec that includes Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting and quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated geometry is based on countless Retul data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
|Frame||Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, clean routing, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT carbon, flat-mount disc|
Front: 100 x 12mm thru-axle
Rear: 142 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h|
|Hubs||Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, Center Lock disc, alloy freehub body|
|Spokes||DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples|
|Tires||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700c x 26|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Threaded BSA BB|
|Chain||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000, Shadow Design, 11-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30T|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020|
|Handlebars||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Tape/Grips||Supacaz Super Sticky Kush|
|Stem||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|Brakes||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Comp, hollow Cro-Mo rails|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 44cm||888818654734||90621-5144|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 49cm||888818654680||90621-5149|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 52cm||888818654727||90621-5152|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 54cm||888818655120||90621-5154|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 56cm||888818654628||90621-5156|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 58cm||888818655014||90621-5158|
|Sky/Blush/Tarmac Black/Dove Grey / 61cm||888818654963||90621-5161|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 44cm||888818654796||90621-5244|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 49cm||888818654833||90621-5249|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 52cm||888818655076||90621-5252|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 54cm||888818654840||90621-5254|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 56cm||888818654895||90621-5256|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 58cm||888818654673||90621-5258|
|Forest Green/Flake Silver / 61cm||888818655137||90621-5261|